It's not about cars. It's about people.Our human-centric focus is what makes us different from all other car companies, and it’s at the heart of everything we create. If you want to join us in our mission to make people’s lives less complicated, we offer you a chance to grow together with talented people who want to make a true difference.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the execution of the technical maintenance functions (driver) and technical management of maintenance in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets, according the VCMS principle of Value Driven Maintenance, from a technical perspective, taking into account the long-term developments and needs for the different maintenance departments.
- Participate in the execution of the technical maintenance functions and maintenance technical management in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets, according the VCMS principle of Value Driven Maintenance
- Develop, maintain and improve standards within your area to remove variability and thus create stability for you and your team, providing greater opportunity to achieve targets.
- Consistently use the visualization standards in order to provide transparency on performance and challenges in your area.
- Work proactively with a cross-functional teams in order to understand the impact in the production flow, continually focusing on reducing bottlenecks, minimizing losses in order to maintain a high level of stability, flow and as a result cost control.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to supervisors/technicians and operator maintenance.
- Be the coach for the Maintenance Technician specialists.
- Dedicated, systematic and planned work, with the required flexibility.
- Provide complete, clear and concise reporting regarding their own activities, requested actions and problems.
- Apply maintenance (floor) experience upfront in the manufacturing development process, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new equipment.
- Define and update the maintenance program (preventive and corrective)
- Problem solve in an analytical and structured way: i.e. 6 sigma, DMAIC methodology or Reliability-Centered Maintenance methodology.
- Define, organize and administer dedicated trainings, to assure effective and efficient execution of their tasks.
- Collect, update and optimize a clear, complete and user-friendly specific documentation (inclusive visual factory).
- Setup of Bill of Material, spare parts list, and maintenance program, troubleshooting instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance practices/processes
- Strong knowledge in managing small projects
- 5S/Lean experience
- Automotive experience preferred
- Safety and quality-focused
Volvo Car is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Who are we?Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.