Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
Working in an international orientated, automotive driven development team, we offer insights in different working fields of mechanical engineering. Team members get the possibility to work on Body-in-White structures as well as any vehicle attachment modules, systems and parts. Analyze current solutions, implement those to the new build production lines within an interdisciplinary team. Ensuring functional suitability of the components and sub-assemblies. Close and proactive coordinating with adjoining departments such as assembly planning, quality, logistics and development department back in Germany. The intern will work within the team and will report to development engineers as well as to managers.
- Working closely with the failure analysis teams
- Review and documentation of technical issues in the production line (Body, Paint and Assembly shops)
- Documentation of the technical solutions for the plant
- Read and interpret 3D geometry & drawings
- Coordinate troubleshooting workshops during initial startup process
- Track and coordinate change- and release-management with adjoining departments
- Improve transparency of project-related action items
- Coordinate project steps within interdisciplinary work groups (Assist in meetings)
- Create and present technical presentations for executives
- Create and present status/result reports
- Assist where needed by the department or other areas
- Having graduated within the past 12 months or currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant degree is required to participate in the intern program
- Enthusiast in overall vehicle development
- First practical experience preferable
- All candidates should be available for a 6 months full time internship
- Applicants should be eager, driven, focused, hard-working individuals that are ready to assist a growing company with handling a complex multi-million dollar project. He or she should be willing to learn and be taught skills from experienced members of the team. The individual should be self-motivated and interested in adding value and making a difference within an organization.
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design
DepartmentEVS Charleston Body & BodyBuilder