ObjectivesFollowing the Mercedes-Benz R&D Center established in Wangjing area of Beijing in 2014, R&D Tech Center China will be the 2nd major R&D site of Daimler in Beijing, which will be final realized with all test facilities being integrated into BBAC area by year 2020.
Daimler R&D Tech Center’s proximity to the BBAC production hub will enable the integrated, campus concept of local production with R&D, through the existing pilot plant, test track and test benches at BBAC, together with the new test labs and workshops at R&D Tech Center for testing in new energy vehicles technology, powertrain and chassis, emission and in-vehicle air quality, to make us even better adapt to market specific requirements.
Since our Engine test lab will be ready by mid of 2020, we are looking for Test Lab Engineers to take care of below tasks:
Support the final set-up and build-up of the new engine labs at the new RD TechCenter China as well as support the installation and commissioning phase. Ensure a smooth ramp-up of the testing in a 3 shifts-model including organizing the operations. Operation: Planning and conducting engine calibration and durability tests. Guarantee qualitative precision of measurements in alignment with the costumers and with RD headquarter test fields in Germany.
- Support the set-up, installation and commissioning of the new engine test benches. Coordinate test equipment suppliers in the final build-up phase. Support set-up operations organization in a 3 shifts work model.
- Planning of complex testing regarding quality, timeline, resources and costs under consideration of DAI- and local guidelines and specifications, as well as legal requirements. Planning of tests and investigations of single tests and test series of complete engines, and –components. Define scope, type and execution of the testing. Adjust test equipment, system and arrangement.
- Set-up of engines and components and measurement equipment. Prepare test orders, setting-up, modify and optimize testing programs and adapt to local environment. Built-up and parametrization of testing procedures, as well as simulation programs. E.g.: for static and dynamic engine test benches and commissioning of new test benches and their automization.
- Execution, operation and adjustments of sophisticated calibration and durability tests. Assessment of sustainability, abrasion and consumption according to the testing plans. Ensure qualitative precision of measurements in alignment with DAI-RD departments in Germany and China
- Ensure plausibility of test data and results in continuous alignment with the calibration engineers and costumers regarding all relevant engine parameters. Prepare testing reports, induce decisions, propose further steps.
- Decision of test result release to the costumers, define testing conditions and eventual changes, decide about abortion or repetition of the test scope. Align timing with the costumers.
- Implement new testing technologies, - equipment and testing methods according to DAI specs. Contribute to the elaboration of testing concepts and specbooks. Follow DAI guidelines and targets. Adapt and modernize according to customers needs. Support in an active role new technology projects, take over workpackages, execute new roll-outs.
- Technical certification or university degree for automotive engineering, mechanical engineering or related engineering background
- 2 years or above on requested technical field
- Educational or assignments abroad is preferred
- Experienced in Engine test lab planning, test equipment installation/commissioning and engine lab operation and testing
- At least 2 years experience in running tests in engine test field
- Specific Knowledge:
- Knowledge of automotive, engines and key components
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Self-responsible working attitude and initiative
- Knowledge in operating with engine test bench automization systems e.g. PUMA, test programing and test planning
- Intercultural competence and communication skills preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Professional English and Chinese skills for technical negotiations
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design
DepartmentRD Test Center Operation