Oracle Linux and Virtualization are responsible for the production of the Oracle Linux distribution including additional open source products and packages. This includes feature evaluation, content management, product building, test development, testing and deployment. It provides support and resolution to internal customers including Exadata and Oracle Cloud.
As an Engineer you will take an active role in the development and automated deployment of userland packages, configuration of CI/CD pipelines, learn and use technologies such as terraform, ansible, Jenkins, gitlab, kubernetes and other tools for development, testing and automation. You will contribute to improvements in stability, reliability and availability of the products, investigating issues and fixing them as they arise.
There is a strong focus on supporting Oracle cloud where issues don't effect single users rather 100s of customers and time to resolution is measured in minutes not days. This demands that you have the ability to deal with multiple tasks concurrently, can identify high priority issues and resolve them with a sense of urgency.
- Strong Experience with Linux Systems: Oracle Linux, Redhat etc
- Confident at scripting with python or shell, in addition to experience with C
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies
- Interest in emerging and existing technologies
- Strong understanding of kernel and userspace interactions
- Proactive: anticipate potential customer issues and resolve them; ability to debug complex issues in a timely manner.
- Exposure to cloud technologies: OCI, Azure, AWS etc
- Infrastructure management eg Terraform
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and risks to diverse stakeholders across timezones
- Infrastructure modernization
- Prioritizing and Resolving feature requests
- Bug investigation and resolution
- Enhancement and test development
- Package delivery
- Strongly promote DevOps methodologies
- Analyse and participate in upstream development, developing and backporting patches as appropriate.
This is a great opportunity to use your DevOps experience to drive technical direction and tooling to modernize existing processes and develop new ones. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a keen interest in continuous improvement and the ability to demonstrate proven results.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.