Job Description - Export Compliance Analyst (19WD33978)
Export Compliance Analyst19WD33978Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Export Compliance Analyst
Job ID: 19WD33978
Position Overview Successful employees in this role effectively work in a time-sensitive, customer focused manner. Individuals will respond to work actions assigned through a Salesforce.com queue and respond to inquiries about an order’s export compliance status to internal Autodesk Client Services staff. Individual will have multiple software systems open at the same time and the work will be primarily conducted over the internet with guidance given by the appointed supervisors. Common tools used are US Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), or Department of State websites, as well as search engines, articles, watch lists, and other reference tools. Individual would then provide and save a research document with their findings and update the status of the Alert appropriately. Individuals may escalate the difficult cases to the Export Compliance Manager and/or Autodesk Legal contacts. Individuals are tasked with insuring that Autodesk complies with all current export and trade regulations regarding to whom Autodesk may sell our high-technology products. When appropriate, this individual must have the ability and confidence to say “no” to a sale which may violate US Export law.
- Conduct timely and accurate denied party screening against customer base, utilizing the Oracle Watchlist Screening software tool
- Conduct research and further investigation into a given list of Customer Accounts. Investigating the company and business scope, and their proposed usage of Autodesk products and services against restricted end use regulations
- Obtain ownership information and company structures when required from public sources to ensure Autodesk remains compliant with the applicable laws and regulations
- Obtain export documentation when required, this can include an end use statement and/or a letter of assurance to be completed by the customer
- The research documentation, results, and follow-up action shall be documented and uploaded into the required database systems and records per the recordkeeping regulations
- Assist with internal audits and investigations
- Respond to Internal and External Requests for ECCN and HTS classifications in timely manner
- Work closely with overseas counterparts to ensure timely responses for our customers
- Collaborate with global teams to communicate export compliance requirements
- Assist in improving and/or creating collaboration processes and procedures to ensure department growth with company goals
- As a team member you will need to remain knowledgeable of regulatory changes
- Participate in discussions regarding updates to processes and procedures as pertinent to drive continuous improvement of Export Compliance Program (ECP)
- Solid PC /Mac computer skills. The person should feel comfortable in using the Internet, various search engines, and be willing and able to learn new computer software and digital tools
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Customer focused, task oriented, ability to work in a high-paced environment
- Team player, able to work well with others both domestically and internationally
- Must be a strong communicator with great attention to detail
- An organized multi-tasker
- Able to exercise sound judgment within the guidelines provided
- Ability to work independently at times under minimal supervision
- Ability to work quickly with appropriate sense of urgency & efficiency
- Experience with US sanctions compliance
- Multilingual, especially Russian, Chinese, and/or Spanish languages
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with its radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone- from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students, and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.