Date Posted: 2019-08-09-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who designs, evaluates and supports gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
The Propulsion System Aerodynamic (PSA) group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico is currently looking for a motivated and talented CO-OP to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support product engineering related to Aerodynamics/ Aeronautics, Thermodynamics, Aero Thermal analysis, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Aero Mechanics, and Acoustics. This team designs, develops, and tests a variety of power plants, aircrafts and parts, establishing specifications, performing analyses, conducting performance tests predicting new and derivative noise levels and designs elements of vehicles and systems to ensure compliance with noise regulations, specifications and guarantee requirements. May include aerodynamics, stability and control, flutter and vibration, landing loads, aircraft or system structures, hydrodynamics, propulsion system, fuels and combustion, aero-acoustics, aero-mechanics, heat transfer and instrumentation.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform basic thermal finite element and computational fluid dynamics processes (from geometry manipulation to analysis of results) with a variety of tools for specific engine components, processing rig and engine test data, verifying manufacturing variability as well as other similar tasks.
- Conduct basic analytical simulations and performance and operability studies.
- Perform basic steady state and transient performance comparison packages which can include data vs. simulation, model to model, control to control, and engine to engine.
- Review test procedures and instrumentations
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is an unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Education and Qualifications:Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.