B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Collins Aerospace, is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and we currently have some exciting positions based at our Leighton Buzzard facility, including aWeights Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Weights Engineer will be required to research, plas, design, develop and document mass properties for Aircraft interior furnishings, throughout all phases from conceptual design, development, production, deployment and post flight.
Specifically this role is responsible for:
- Work with design and structures teams to define light weight, efficient structures and systems
- Provide weight estimates for galley products, from detail parts through to full galley/monument assemblies
- Allocate, estimate and manage mass properties requirements, margins and weight growth allowances throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Verify that the hardware meets requirements and that the mass properties model is an accurate representation of the flight product.
- Develop weight estimates for proposal and development activities
- Generate flight product distributed mass profiles (cg and moments of inertia)
- Assess the impact of change upon weight targets
- Verify component, subsystem and system mass properties data by interfacing with members of the design, integration, and test team
- Maintain mass properties records.
- Working with customer and structures team to development galley solutions which meet aircraft level loading requirements
- Report on a regular basis against weight targets to both internal and external customers
- Identify opportunities for weight reduction within the product
- Any other reasonable duties as required
The Ideal candidate will have the following -The suitable applicants will possess either an engineering degree or have been educated to HNC standard with the appropriate experience –
- The suitable applicant will possess a engineering background in aircraft interior products (or similar products / industry) probably in a design office environment and be familiar with one of the current 3D software packages.
- Developing systems for ease of data production
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings presented in various different styles and formats.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal & external customers
- Effective use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Creative in solutions supporting both the company and the customer
- Strong Team Member
- 3D Packages (Catia V5)
Your personal data is collected and processed by B/E Aerospace, Leighton Buzzard (the “Company”) for recruitment purposes only. The Company will transfer your personal data to its ultimate parent company B/E Aerospace, Inc. in the United States of America for HR management purposes, in accordance with standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify it if necessary and to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, by sending an email to: email@example.com You are providing your personal data to the Company voluntarily.