Date Posted: 2019-08-12-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HWI31: US183-New Berlin, WI 5349 S Emmer Dr , New Berlin, WI, 53151 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position is for an Established EH&S professional. Administers EH&S plans and procedures across multiple EH&S specialties, including Health/Safety and Environmental/Compliance. Analyzes facility and employee practice issues for opportunities to apply EH&S procedures to solve problems or improve EH&S policy effectiveness.
- Executes procedures, reporting, and trainings across multiple EH&S disciplines.
- Reviews performance against EH&S regulatory requirements and identifies non-conformance.
- Explains and interprets EH&S regulations and employee practices to business facilities to achieve and maintain understanding.
- Conducts required environmental regulatory reports and submissions.
- Develops materials for EH&S training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc.
- Acts as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.
- Has responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
- May perform tasks associated with Health / Safety and Environmental / Compliance.
- Coordinates with business partners for EH&S concerns regarding facilities and employee practices.
- May have responsibility for facilities and / or medical at a site.
- Organizes and maintains EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.