Date Posted: 2019-07-26-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- You will work independently or as part of a team to provide data driven solutions to metal forming questions, problems and issues. Metal forming processes include cold, hot, superplastic, hydoforming, roll, and spin forming. Other forming processes include forming on a press brake, sizer, sizer-shrinker, bulge, mechanical press, and hydraulic press.
- You will Provide technical guidance to Metal Forming Suppliers on manufacturing methods, processes, and tooling. This includes evaluating their process controls & capability for the metal forming of critical jet engine parts. This will include support to internal Pratt Quality; Engineering Source Approval, Materials Control Lab, Supplier Quality, & Materials & Process Engineering.
- You will team with and provide internal technical support to Pratt Engineering, Quality, Design, and Procurement on metal forming methods, processes, and tooling. This includes process control & capability.
- Participate in Supplier assessments for technical and manufacturing capability and quality.
- Coach and provide technical support for new Metal Forming Supplier development and problem resolution plans.
- You will identify metal forming process risks using the PFMEA process to identity failure modes, causes, and effects. Develop mitigation plans for high PFMEA RPN values.
- You will analyze processing data using statistical analysis tools to evaluate metal forming process controls and process capabilities.
- Solve quality issues by engaging in root cause analysis, corrective action, and mistake proofing of manufacturing processes and tooling.
- Provide recommendations for short and long term process improvement, cost reduction, and automation opportunities at the metal forming suppliers.
- Identify production quality risks to full rate production and provide manufacturing engineering input for mitigation plans.
- Provide urgent manufacturing technical problem solving for critical supply issues.
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.