Date Posted: 2019-08-16-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: 01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for an established Software Engineering professional. Conducts tests, debugs control and diagnostic systems, and conducts research. Measures and analyzes software designs, implements procedures to support hardware and software product development, and operates equipment.
- Analyze customer and system requirements, and instantiate embedded software solutions to meet.
- Author software documentation and conduct design reviews in accordance with department policy and customer requirements.
- Perform software development testing and hardware integration utilizing a combination of analysis and laboratory test equipment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing systems.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with hardware designers, systems engineering, reliability, and customers to achieve elegant and reliable solutions.
- Provide recommendations and implement continuous improvements.
- Clear, concise communication style and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy required.
- Disciplined scope management, including adherence to department policy and customer contract deliverables.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Methods.
- Experience with Simulink (and/or MATRIXx).
- Experience with Java, C#, Matlab, XML, and developing code using Atmel Studio or similar IDE.
- Experience with developing high-reliability closed loop control systems and serial communication interfaces using ARM-based controllers.
- Prior experience with NASA programs or similar (development through flight support) desired.
- Familiarity with RTCA/DO-178, JPR7150.2, and CMMI-DEV desired.
- Familiarity with MBSE a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.