Date Posted: 2019-08-14-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: 01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a Senior Design Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Designs major components, provides technical guidance to junior engineers, and makes recommendations to managements. Presents designs for engineering, technical and business reviews, and coordinates with other functions and organizations.
- Support engineering activities associated with the analysis, design, and structural testing of thermal control and environmental life support components and assemblies for various aerospace applications including the NASA’s Crew Exploration Vehicle, NASA’s International Space Station as well other aerospace and satellite platforms. This is an individual contributor level position.
- Deliver against the cost, schedule and technical requirements of the program as defined by the Chief Engineer or IPT leadership in accordance with Standard Work. Deliverables include ensuring execution of Peer and Design reviews, analyses, Validation activities, Verification activities, design documentation (drawings, reports), task cost and schedule performance, etc.
- Help build core-competencies within the mechanical engineering team through coaching, training and counseling of direct reports to improve performance
- Develop and implement mechanical design best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework to deliver consistent results..
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Programs, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain to achieve optimal design solutions.
- The candidate must be a US person:
- Knowledgeable in 3-D CREO CAD modeling fundamentals, stress and fatigue analysis, machine design, and material selection.
- Prior experience in aerospace structures and engineering fluid component design.
- Knowledge of drawings, geometric tolerancing, and drawing interpretation.
- Experience with manufacturing techniques for limited production hardware.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization to achieve team and program goals.
- A positive "can do" attitude, good presentation skills, respect for others, confidence, and patience.
- 5-12 years’ experience desired.
BSME As a minimum; MSME preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.