Date Posted: 2019-07-26-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team to provide data driven solutions to forging and forming questions, problems and issues. Forging materials include but not limited to nickel, titanium, and aluminum alloys.
- Provide technical guidance to Forging Suppliers on manufacturing methods, processes, and tooling. This includes evaluating their process controls & capability for the forging of critical jet engine parts. This will include support to internal Pratt Quality; Engineering Source Approval, Materials Control Lab, Supplier Quality, & Materials & Process Engineering.
- Team with and provide internal technical support to Pratt Engineering, Quality, Design, and Procurement on forge and hot form methods, processes, and tooling. This includes process control & capability.
- Participate in Supplier assessments for technical and manufacturing capability and quality. Coach and provide technical support for new Forging Supplier development and problem resolution plans.
- Identify forging process risks using the PFMEA process to identity failure modes, causes, and effects. Develop mitigation plans for high PFMEA RPN values.
- Analyze processing data using statistical analysis tools to evaluate forge and forming process controls and process capabilities.
- Solve quality issues by engaging in root cause analysis, corrective action, and mistake proofing of manufacturing processes and tooling.
- Provide feedfor short and long term process improvement, cost reduction, and automation opportunities at the forging suppliers.
- Identify production quality risks to full rate production and provide manufacturing engineering input for mitigation plans.
- Provide urgent manufacturing technical problem solving for critical supply issues.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.