Date Posted: 2019-08-20-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in the implementation of CI strategies supporting aggressive business goals
- Ability to apply and assist the application and use of lean principles and tools toward developing the organization in the least waste way
- Help ensure the principles for excellence and Four Gears principles are developed into the value stream culture through education, demonstration and expectation.
- Nurture an environment that enables real time problem identification and resolution
- Identify and remove barriers to implementation of CI
- Develop the understanding and skills to assist with hands on education, training and application of CI principles and tools
- Assist in all lean transformation efforts throughout the business processes
- Assist with the necessary follow-up actions to close out to-do actions after CI events
- Must adhere to all EH and S regulations and policies as well as attend required training courses related to EH and S
Education / Certifications: Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, or Civil Engineer from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, or Civil Engineer from an accredited institution.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship is required.
- Completed Sophomore in college prior to co-op starting
- Knowledge of lean principles, six sigma or Toyota production system is beneficial
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Strong personal commitment to CI
- Self-starter with strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and direct others towards CI goals and objectives
- Proven ability in software applications including MS Office
- Works in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to access, input, retrieve and send information via computer and telephone.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.