Job DescriptionAs a Workshop Service Technician (MTU Engines), you will have overall responsibility for the MTU business in Singapore. You will play an integral role in the business by ensuring that all our engines and equipment meet the high standards that MTU requires. This is a chance for you to contribute to the continuous improvement of maintenance ensuring optimum performance within our business.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
MTU is one of the world’s leading suppliers of drives and power systems for marine applications, for heavy land, rail and defence vehicles, and for the oil and gas industry. In the traditional spirit of pioneers and inventors such as our founders, Wilhelm and Karl Maybach, and Rolls and Royce, we work to develop solutions that are fit for the future. These include our 10,000 kW diesel engine, our ecologically sound co-generation module, and our innovative injection systems.
- Undertake independently the commissioning, installation, maintenance and repair/overhaul of MTU products and its associated equipment at MTU workshop or at site in accordance with MTU manuals and/or specific given instructions.
- Capable in resolving the technical matters and completing the services according to the works order and to the acceptance of the Customers and Supervisors, thereafter, provide the service/investigation reports where applicable.
- Liaise with Supervisors and in-house Technical Specialist for technical assistance, if required.
- Develop and update own skills and knowledge to meet the job requirement through training and self-learning.
- Advise, instruct and train the team members in carrying out the assigned tasks, in using of MTU documentations, tools, customers' drawings, etc.
- Observe the safety regulations of WSHA and guidelines/risk assessment from the company's WHS Committee when performing work at-site or at customer's premises.
- Diploma /NITEC/ITE in Marine or Heavy Duty Automotive Engineering
- Preferably with 2-3 years working experience on diesel engine.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill, resourceful, team player
- Willing to travel overseas for short- and long term-assignments and on short notice.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus and employee support assistance.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Beyond tomorrow‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.