Job DescriptionThe Future Intelligence Technologies (FIT) team in the Rolls-Royce Singapore Central Technology Group (CTG) has openings for experienced researchers to develop and translate new capabilities in artificial intelligence to realize future products and services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with solid knowledge in developing advanced and innovative AI solutions.
At Rolls-Royce, innovation is in our DNA. We pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions across multiple markets. We embrace the power of data and technology and we aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. Our work is complex, innovative, highly challenging and rewarding, and it takes a range of professionals to do it. Having the right people means we can deliver excellence to our customers and pioneer the power that matters.
- Executing a mix of project management and R&D tasks in AI.
- Project management: perform requirement capture and analysis for R&D and service projects involving AI; engage with project customers regularly to review project results, improve quality, shape the direction of the R&D and satisfy all project requirement; review vendors and perform detailed analysis of existing solutions against requirements
- R&D: carry out technology and market scan; identify business opportunities and define research problems; carry out R&D to deliver competitive solutions using AI techniques to fulfill requirements; demonstrate expert-level competency in developing and reviewing robust, scalable, and efficient solutions using the latest advancement in AI techniques
- Produce rapid prototypes leveraging open source libraries and commercial off the shelf tools and platforms
- Conduct occasional training and consultancy for internal customers/employees
- Mentor and coach junior staff.
- MSc or PhD with a minimum at least 3 years of work experience in developing innovative AI capabilities and solutions for real-world applications
- Expert-level knowledge in 3 or more of the following areas: Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Optimization, Knowledge Elicitation/Representation, Human Augmentation, Bayesian / Probabilistic / Causal Inference, Automated Planning and Decision Making. Authorship of relevant scientific publications in reputed journals and conferences is expected.
- Experience in developing AI solutions involving multiple data types (structured, unstructured, text, images, videos, streaming)
- Working knowledge of commercial-off-the-shelf and open source tools and platforms for AI
- Excellent coding, documentation, testing and system integration skills using R/Python, Java etc.
- Working experience with large unstructured data sets and distributed big data tools (MapReduce, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB etc.) is preferred
- People management skills and experiences would be a plus
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus and employee support assistance.
Pioneer beyond tomorrow. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here