Intern opportunities for students: SalesDublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Save save Intern opportunities for students: Sales to job cart
- Job number 778411
- Date posted Jan 20, 2020
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Sales
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Internship
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Focused: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you're deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available sales intern roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered for an internship or college student position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable field.
ResponsibilitiesWe live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses enables our customers to thrive in the digital world. Our sales professionals are the essential link between the potential of what's possible and build trusted advisor relationships with technology vendors.
Based on the size and scale of our sales business, we have multiple disciplines available including (but not limited too):
- Account Executive
- Partner Development Manager
- Sales Specialist
Partner Development ManagerThe Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy. The PDM is a business development role that aligns to a profile of partners and is accountable for driving the account development and management of a set portfolio of partners. The PDM provides business leadership as a strategic partner advisor.
The goal of the PDM is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on their partners’ strengths and priorities. The PDM will work across Microsoft and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings and partner success.
The PDM represents Microsoft to our partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey to build new cloud capabilities & solutions that generate growth and innovation.
Account ExecutiveAs an Account executive, you are the main connection point between Microsoft and our customers., You provide strategic business leadership partnering with leaders in your customers' organizations to align their business transformation agenda with digital solutions that can help them better engage customers, optimize operations, transform products and shift their business models. Account Executive roles are an incredible opportunity to learn, experience and ultimately drive all aspects of the client relationship, sales pursuit, and customer success lifecycles.
Day-to-day you'll build and maintain key account relationships while driving a two-side business plan with your customers across Technical and Business agendas, respectively. To drive your customers' digital transformation, you will need to become an expert on their respective industry and talk their language. Your customers will call on you to connect them to the full breadth of Microsoft's assets including supporting sales disciplines, consulting, support, product groups, and executives to advance their digital transformation agenda.
Sales SpecialistThe Sales Specialist will work with existing Microsoft customers who have not yet moved onto our Azure platform. They will work with our technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process to land customer workloads on our cloud.
They will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement with technology decision makers. They will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements. They will remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer success through the project phase.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s in in business, communications or related fields with at least one semester/quarter remaining.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills desired.
- Practical sales experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- English language and local language fluency for all roles.
- Full unrestricted work authorization for your chosen location.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Save save Intern opportunities for students: Sales to job cart