At FCA, we want to empower you to bring your best. That’s why we strive to create an environment where our core values of Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Cooperation, and Responsibility can thrive.
What You’ll Do: The Transmission Calibration Engineer plays a key role in tuning shift quality to achieve desired brand character in assigned projects. Key activities include developing and releasing transmission calibrations (shift quality) for automatic transmission applications, performing hands-on in-vehicle calibration development work, supporting test trips to verify proper transmission operation across operating conditions and other assigned powertrain development activities. This position will work with in-vehicle test instrumentation, ETAS-INCA calibration tools and mathematical analysis tools such as MS Excel Macros and Matlab to meet objectives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of one engineering internship during undergraduate studies, Formula SAE experience or calibration/testing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in an environment requiring both hands on application and data analysis
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University
- 1 or more years of calibration or closely related experience
- Automotive experience (university SAE or other experience is acceptable)
- Prior calibration experience