Come join our FCA Vehicle Safety & Regulatory Compliance Team where we are committed to doing what’s best for our customers. Be a part of a team filled with bright, resourceful and determined employees who play a vital role in FCA’s regulatory development, certification and compliance activities. We’re looking for people who thrive in a fast paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact. Team members are expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
The Emissions Warranty Analysis and Defect Reporting Engineer is responsible for analyzing warranty rates of emissions-related parts, working with engineering to investigate potential concerns and informing governmental agencies when an issue exists. The selected candidate works directly with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to manage official communications, answer questions and provide follow-up information as-needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Science, or another technical discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of product development engineering experience either professional, internship or co-op
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Ability to speak technically and in simpler terms
- Comfortable communicating regularly with outside agencies or executive-level management
- MBA or advanced engineering degree
- Emissions related background/experience
- Powertrain calibration experience
- Experience with code or federal regulation in mobile/vehicle emissions and fuel economy testing
- Vehicle testing background – chassis dyno testing and an understanding of coast down testing