Job ID: JR0129308
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Folsom, CA US
Job Type: Intern
Data Center SSD Technical Marketing InternshipJob Description
The Data Center Technical SSD Marketing Internship role offers hands-on and direct experience in cutting edge storage technology solutions. Specifically, the internship is an opportunity to learn about fast-growing solid state drive marketing and how it is changing the data center and enterprise based computing environments.
This is a dynamic fulltime internship role that will allow the candidate to grow their skills in multiple areas. The duration of the internship is targeted for a 6-7 months internship. Work spans from technical marketing activities, engineering debug, and business development.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will work primarily with the technical product marketing engineering teams to support competitive benchmarking, technical marketing projects, technical data collection and testing. The role will involve gathering competitive data and info, testing competitive products, testing products in different use cases to shape marketing messaging with creating compelling proof points. Additionally, the intern will engage in understanding and documenting NAND Flash performance characteristics and reliability on the SSD solution.
Some repetitive work is required and expected.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Self-motivated individual willing to take and follow directions and deliver to schedule
- communication and interpersonal skills
- quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills, problem/conflict resolution skills
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Willingness to motivate the team to deliver
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The candidate must be pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
Minimum 3+ months of experience or equivalent coursework in the following areas:
- Familiar with the storage technology (SSD, HDD, NAND Flash or Storage system) in a technical job function
- Knowledge or experience in debugging compute platform performance, boot, operation, DRAM, CPU, UEFI, NVMe, SSD, HDD
- Knowledge or experience in computer architecture
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Knowledge of semiconductor memories desired
- Academic experience in marketing desired
- Understanding of storage platform basics and computer architecture, including HW, BIOS, operating systems, drivers, and installation of sub-system components
- Knowledge or experience with configuring, optimizing, and testing complex storage systems
- Knowledge or experience in developing technical product documentation, presentations, delivery of training classes, demos, and providing technical support for industry events and forums
- Software Programming skills is desired
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Primary Location: Folsom, CA US