Advanced Technical Support Engineer - Juniper Networks Switching Products
Location: Office in Bucharest, Romania
This is such an exciting time to be involved in the IT industry. Digital transformation is everywhere, with technologies such as Multi-Cloud, Automation, IoT, AI/ML and 5G driving the next waves of innovation. Juniper Networks is at the heart of this transformation with its industry leading technologies that are ever more software defined, helping to solve the most complex issues in connectivity.
Our organisation is continuously growing and expanding and in this month we have officially open our first Juniper office in Romania. Come and join us to make a difference!
Your careerPart of the Customer Service (CS) division of Juniper Networks, the candidate will be required to provide a high level of technical support on specific Juniper Networks product(s) to Advanced Services customers, directly or via partners.
The understanding of the Knowledge Management processes and the use of the existing Knowledge Sharing applications to contribute to the collation, dissemination and the enhancement of the collective knowledge and best practices is a key requirement for this role.
- Become the focal technical support contact and handle high priority issues for a limited number of Advanced Services customers, on specific Juniper Networks products(s) (QFX and EX-Series of Ethernet Switches)
- Take ownership of high priority or sensitive customer issues and ensure prompt service restoration and resolution to the customer’s satisfaction, by using a systematic problem-solving approach
- Work closely with other CS teams to ensure knowledge share of the customer’s networks, issues and solutions. Keep CS management informed of all sensitive issues.
- Work with various technical teams within Juniper Networks regarding new products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability
- Work closely with the Service Managers to help them to gain a good understanding of the technical issues and their resolution
- Provide necessary support to the Service Managers for high profile technical escalations
- Involvement in conference calls and/or face to face customer account meetings to discuss technical escalations
- Develop and maintain skills in his/her core products and technologies, and highlight any need for training as the customers networks evolve
- Contribute to technical documentation (White Papers, FAQs, Solutions) for internal and/or external use
- Sound documentation of technical support issues using the available tools is an essential element of the role
- Develop a “Can-Do” attitude and suggest ways to improve the team performance and increase customer’s satisfaction
- The candidate will have achieved a good level of higher education (Bachelor or master degree)
- Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge across the following routing and switching technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), Multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM), Switching technologies (VLAN/Trunking)
- Extensive and deep knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4 (TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking, QoS, Spanning Tree (STP,RSTP), RIP, VRRP, IGMP, MC-LAG, EVPN/VXLAN)
- The ideal candidate will have a CCIP/ CCIE/ JNCIP or JNCIE supporting qualification
- 3-6 years of working experience in a network support role, 2-3 of these years would be spent supporting large IP networks
- Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
- Working experience with: Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, Scripting languages (Tcl, Perl)
- Practical knowledge of L1/L2 technologies: Ethernet, SONET/SDH, ATM, Frame Relay
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Travel requirements, from time to time to work at other Juniper or customer locations