Customer Focused Technical Support Engineer– Routing & SwitchingLocation: Schiphol-Rijk (near Amsterdam), Netherlands
About the Position:Part of the Customer Service (CS) division of Juniper Networks, the candidate will be required to provide a high level of technical support on specific Juniper Networks product(s) to Advanced Services customers, directly or via partners. The understanding of the Knowledge Management processes and the use.
The CFTS Routing/Broadband Engineer is working from the Juniper TAC office in Amsterdam supporting high end customers including the biggest Service Providers across EMEA region.
Day to day work activity involves resolve Priority 1 and Priority 2 cases and work those cases through resolution. You work with the customer via a remote session or request details of the customer network problem and network design. When available you need to analyze and debug core dump files and start to recreate the customer problem in lab or very the issue to be known in our problem database. The lab reproduction is used by the Juniper Software Engineers to troubleshoot code and you are asked to test the fix. Your troubleshooting skills are strong as its important to understand the basics of the customer reported problem. You need to understand the customer environment while troubleshooting into the level of knowing the trigger for the issue. As a result of the troubleshooting session(s) and your quality lab reproduction you will see yourself improve as the job is an art to scale down the customer issue to the level of the lab.
Most cases that enter the EMEA CFTS team are complex and do require strong technical skills as well as customer management skills. You are requested to have a deep knowledge of the customer network topology and services, so when the technical case is submitted from the customer, you are already aware of the details of the network and you can start diagnosing and debugging the issues as much efficiently as possible.
You are expected to build a very healthy and working relationships with the CFTS customer(s) and/or partners you support as well as other internal stakeholders such as Account Team. You will be actively participating in a review calls with the customer where you will be providing technical updates and demonstrate ownership of the complex technical issues.
There is a full lab area that each engineer uses to replicate and resolve problems. Each engineer has dependencies with peers in the Global TAC most are based in the USA and India.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering/Telecommunications or higher university degree
- Extensive experience in a network support role, supporting large IP networks.
- Expert knowledge, expert operating and troubleshooting knowledge across the following routing technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), Multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM)
- Expert knowledge in operating and troubleshooting the following broadband DataCenter/Switching technologies: EVPN, VXLAN, VLAN, VLAN Trunking, Spanning Tree Protcol.
- Good level of programming/coding is a plus (C, C++, or Unix/Linux scripting).
- Excellent customer management and relationship skills.
- Working knowledge of Juniper products desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Relocation is available for this position
- Travel requirements for the position less than 10%