This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Adyen is looking for full-time Data Infrastructure Engineers (all levels) for its Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have a solid background with designing, scaling and maintaining data infrastructure solutions, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment. You will operate as part of a group of data engineers, developers and data scientists, and work on the core data infrastructure used throughout the company.
What you will do
- Create, maintain and iterate on the current data infrastructure, currently in use at Adyen
- Anticipate on growth and look for structural changes required in the big-data offering at Adyen
- Work closely with users of the data infrastructure and arrive at pragmatic solutions, in line with standards used throughout the infrastructure group
Who you are
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Yarn, HDFS) with Spark, securing cluster with Ranger and Kerberos, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet
- Experience: building, testing and maintaining data infrastructure for enterprise level data lake solutions in a Linux based production environment
- Knowledge: solid understanding of data lake solutions and related infrastructure components
- Mentality: you are a team player who is open to feedand have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Please also check the position.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!