Job DescriptionWe are currently recruiting for an Engineer- Operations Availability Centre to join our team in Rolls-Royce Submarines based in Derby.
The purpose of this role is to create and co-ordinate responses to submarines mechanical NSRP defects and issues. You will be the point of contact internally and externally between the MoD and the Technical Authority on all mechanical NSRP issues on all classes of submarines both in service and in build, and STF
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power. Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
Key accountabilities :
- To manage responses to defects, concession requests, customer queries and NSRP issues through the company defect reporting and issues management systems. This involves assessing complex technical issues and making an initial judgement and recommendation on the strategy to be taken to resolve the problem, and then providing a response to that problem or managing the response through the wider technical community.
- To create, co-ordinate and manage design and improvement projects through a wider network of resources. This involves the identification or assessment of an improvement or opportunity, creation of a high-level set of requirements to achieve the solution, and the management of a wider section of resources through to achievement of the solution, including attendance at project and technical reviews.
- To be the direct point of contact between the customer and the wider submarines enterprise. This involves face to face, telephone and e-mail communications between the MoD technical and safety cells, Rolls-Royce site offices and our internal experts in a wide array of technical and project fields.
- To provide submarines operational input and advice to the Operations Centre Mechanical and Electrical teams and to the wider Rolls-Royce Submarines community.
- To support and provide operational advice to the Rolls-Royce Submarines element of the Nuclear Accident Response Organisation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recent operational experience, preferably on a PWR2 platform.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to initiate strategies for solving complex problems and the making of accurate decisions and recommendations.
- The ability to prioritise, manage and control tasks to achieve the business/technical objectives within required timescales.
- Previous submarines experience is essential to the role.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Beyond tomorrowWe are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual has to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance. Due to the nature of work the Business conducts and the protection of certain assets a person has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non ITAR country.
Closing Date: 26th October 2020