Job DescriptionA great opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our team as a Nuclear Training Developer Our growing Submarines business is a world-leader in nuclear submarine systems and support services focusing on design, procurement and operations. We support the whole of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet in our role as the Technical Authority for the UK Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NSRP).
We expect you to have theoretical and operational knowledge of the NSRP, in particular Pressure Water Reactor 2 (PWR2), ideally with a training design background, and the ability to present nuclear theory and all aspects of Plant systems and equipment. There will be a requirement to design and present courses covering all aspects of the next generation NSRP Pressure Water Reactor 3 (PWR3). The role will also require to plan, design and deliver a number of other nuclear associated courses.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Design and deliver courses covering multiple Pressure Water Reactor plants, all aspects of PWR2 and PWR3 plants - Mechanical and Electrical.
- Plan, coordinate and produce courses on nuclear systems and equipment.
- Deliver the courses internally within Rolls-Royce and externally to companies associated with the Submarine Nuclear plant.
- Travel to other UK associated sites to deliver courses and modules; this could be for a number of days at a time.
- Assist with the E&T training budget, enabling training contracts, coordination of Nuclear Graduates in the Company, maintaining the processes within the Nuclear Training Requirements Plan and any other Nuclear Training matters as the need arises.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Theoretical and operational knowledge of the NSRP systems and equipment, ideally Pressure Water Reactor 2 (PWR2) and/or PWR 3.
- Experience in designing, developing and providing training solutions, ideally for a technical audience.
- Confident presenter to small/medium groups of people.
- This role would suite an Experienced Component / Systems Engineer or Nuclear Watchkeeper with the following preferred qualifications - CAT A or CAT B. Applicants with CAT C qualifications progressing to CAT B are encouraged.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Beyond tomorrow.We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual has to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work the Business conducts and the protection of certain assets a person has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non ITAR country.
Closing Date: 30th October 2020