Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Job Introduction: (Primary purpose of this position)
Manage and lead a team responsible for all of MBRDNA’s vehicle programs, vehicle assets, driver qualifications, insurance, and internal vehicle policies and procedures. As well as lead the US Press Technical Support, Customer Car Clinics, On-Site Coordination for Testing at the Nissan Proving Grounds and US Test Drive activities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the department in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures.
- Development of an employee oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning opportunities.
- Provide effective performance management and feedback to employees.
- Maintain and forecast department expenses and investments
- Provide project management per functional area: Vehicle Administration, Press Technical Support, Car Clinics, Nissan Proving Ground, Test Drive Support.
Minimum level of education required and required field of study:
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, Finance, Business or related field of study
Minimum skills required :
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience in international project work, Intercultural skills and experience
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills to manage a group of different subject experts
- Detailed knowledge of the processes for project management and operational support
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and execute numerous tasks.
Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) : Bachelors + 10 yrs / Masters + 8 yrs / PhD + 5 yrs
Other licenses or certifications required : Valid Driver’s License
- Graduate Engineer or similar qualification, Bachelor’s degree
- Project management
- General finance experience
- German Language Skills
- Daimler experience
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Check out our open jobs here. Learn more about MBRDNA and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design
DepartmentOVT & Durability