Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - AI ServicesPrincipal Data Scientist
Location:Seattle or AustinThe Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for talented, and self-directed ML scientists with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems using ML and Deep Learning in distributed cloud infrastructure. At every level, our ML scientists have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative solutions to power our customer’s business critical applications
This role is available on the OCI AI Services. We are addressing exciting challenges at the intersection of artificial intelligence and cutting-edge cloud infrastructure. We are building cloud services in natural language processing (NLP), speech and, computer vision that work out of the box for enterprises. Our product vision also includes the ability for enterprises to customize the services for their business and train them to specialize on their data by creating micro models on top of the global AI models.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build the world-class ML/Deep learning models for NLP /Speech /Visionbenchmarked on public datasets
- Must have professional experience in Computer Vision
- Build the necessary tooling for data acquisition, data cleaning, data augmentation, model training and visualization.
- Evaluate and Implement the ML/Deep learning models from research papers and other public internet resources.
- Develop production code for feature processing, model prediction, serving, and monitoring in both real-time and batch scenarios.
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle – development, testing, CI and production operations
- Balance between product feature development and production operational concerns like writing run books, ops automation, structured logging, instrumentation for metrics and events
- Participate in on-call for the service with the team
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent
- 8+ years of applying machine learning for solving real-world problems in industry
- Proficiency in Python or Java or C/C++
- Proficiency with at least one deep learning library (Pytorch, Tensorflow or Keras)
- Past delivery of large-scale ML solutions for complex business problems
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.