Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
This role provides leadership, direction and implementation on technical projects that affect all A&F consumer brand ecommerce sites. In this role you will work within a team to implement new features and functions as well as maintain, support and upgrade existing functionality.
What will you be doing?
- Build and maintain API’s within A&F's eCommerce Suite environment.
- Implement rapid changes to meet evolving business and marketing requirements.
- Ensure that our implementations meet the required scalability and reliability required for A&F eCommerce operation.
- Analyze and diagnose any issues which may impact performance or availability in the eCommerce environment.
- Develop functional and technical documentation on assigned projects.
- Work in a team environment supporting the team and improving web development practices.
- Analyze and optimize database and core commerce functions for maximum performance.
- Develop code consistent with A&F standard coding practices.
- Troubleshoot issues with business partners and support teams
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience of developing and supporting production eCommerce platform such as HCL Commerce Suite is required.
- Hands on experience of developing and supporting microservices in a container environment.
- Experience in modern technologies like REST, JPA, Kafka etc.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, unit test, system test, deployment and production support.
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic and the ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess understanding of business processes and ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to interface and work with different levels within the organization, from users to management, in a highly interactive culture.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of Search techniques within Direct- to- Consumer and eCommerce business domains.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software and maintain competency with technologies
- Ability to work flexible hours