Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer, Bioprocessing Operations to work with our expert Engineering team across the world. Do you have a passion for manufacturing? Then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design, resuming operations in a timely manner and in compliance with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations
- Lead continuous improvement or Design for Manufacturability (DFM) initiatives by preparing Process Flow Charts, Value stream maps, Product Risk Maps & Assessments, and pFMEAs to identify opportunities to reduce cycle time, improve quality, and eliminate EHS Issues.
- Interface with research and development team to influence design and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Use Lean Six Sigma or related tools to develop advanced, cost effective solutions and lead successful implementation to deliver improved product quality. Use root cause analysis to solve complex manufacturing and quality issues encompassing multiple variables.
- Undertake Equipment and Process Qualification using QMS guidelines through Installation Qualifications (IQ), Process Development, Operational Qualifications (OQ), and Performance Qualifications (PQ) with a goal to develop Safe and Quality Processes. Ensure regulatory compliance through qualification and validation.
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP) or work instructions and provide training and guidance to others.
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Provide subject matter expertise on manufacturability in new product development and/or advanced technology programs with a focus on safety, quality, and repeatability. Drive rigor in process capability, process layout, tooling and equipment development, and QMS Design Transfer execution.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Operations Leaders as well as Manufacturing Operators to incorporate feedback from the front line into processes and design.
- Clearly understand existing processes to provide support for manufacturing process technology roadmap & operations strategy, and represent Manufacturing Engineering on Complaint Handling Unit and Change Control Board meetings.
- Collaborate with the facilities and maintenance team to implement change and ensure the required production capacity is in place before it is required by customer demand.
- Participate in Environment, Health and Safety initiatives and ensure all requirements and policies are observed during change implementation.
Who you are
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical fields with more than 3 years of experience in engineering, production, or troubleshooting of Equipment and Processes
- Preferably experienced working in a clean room environment and in the Bio-Science, Medical Device, or Pharma industries
- Good project manager: Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, and DFSS certification preferred
- Analytically inclined with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem solving, and planning skills
- Detail-oriented and focused on driving decision with data
- Excellent communicator comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization
Who we areWhatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our , and !
Cytiva is global life sciences leader with over 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available .