ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThis position manages the implementation and operations of IPS global platform infrastructure ensuring platforms are operated and maintained in the most efficient manner to maximize performance and revenue. The role also manages specific support to Sales, NOC, CSM, CAMs, etc., and interfaces other Global Services Practices as well as with SES Technology Departments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Configures, coordinates, and implements IPS activations and grooms as determined via the Lead2Order (L2O) process and following established Change Management practices.
- Works with PLM/PDE to design/develop/implement new IPS platform solutions.
- Works with PDE/platform vendors to identify and resolve bugs and other services issues on IPS platforms.
- Owns Level 3 operational support activities towards NOC and to Customers as a point of escalation to resolve service incidents.
- Installs and configures IPS platform infrastructure as required by Platform Creation process.
- Resolves any issues that arise during the activation or grooming of IPS with the customer and/or Sales Engineer as appropriate.
- Allocates customer IP blocks via the allocation database (IP Control) and registers the allocation with the appropriate Regional Internet Registry (RIR).
- Maintains accurate documentation of individual service parameters for all IPS within the customer database (SIT).
- Able to plan, configure, coordinate and implement platform activations, transitions, migrations, and enhancements as required and following established Change Management practices.
- Ensures all SES assets are reclaimed, and appropriate databases are updated for any IPS deactivations and/or terminations.
- Identifies areas for process improvement and makes recommendations to improve processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Information Systems Technology or equivalent job/military experience in the Satellite Communication and/or Networking field.
- Extensive knowledge of Satellite Communication, RF principles and RF measurement techniques.
- Minimum 5, preferably 10 years of professional experience in satellite communication and related services and systems
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of mobile VSAT antenna systems
- Satellite Communication related certifications
- Knowledge of IP and networking principles
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP) or related networking certifications
- iDirect experience and/or certifications
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of two-way satcom vendor platforms
- Knowledge of DVB-S2/S2X, TDMA, and D-SCPC systems