GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
- GEA is seeking an experienced, data savvy Finance Professional to join our team as Financial Analyst for GEA Systems North America. Based in Columbia, Maryland, this person will be responsible for financial support of either our "long-cycle" business (projects) or our "short-cycle" business (service). In addition, this role will continually improve the quality and speed of financial and business operational support and reporting. Previous experience with multinational organizations, financial planning & analysis, strong analytical skills as well as solid written and verbal communication skills will be critical to this individual’s success.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, performed under the direction of the Finance Manager include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare weekly and/or monthly sales and management reports, including variance analysis of actuals versus expected results, with meaningful explanations, trend analysis and recommended actions.
- Develop, maintain and distribute financial models and ad hoc reporting tools to meet management reporting requirements.
- Provide operational/cost center support to business leaders.
- Complete ad hoc analysis of key business activities, and general ledger accounts.
- Assist with data gathering and analysis for strategic initiatives.
- Continually improve close and financial reporting processes to increase efficiency, effectiveness and process sustainability.
- Reduce waste by automating repetitive tasks through the use of available systems and Office tools.
- Establish constructive relationships with the Finance & Accounting Leaders and Key Business Partners.
- Provide financial expertise to assist others in understanding financial information.
- Continually develop industry and company knowledge as well as project management skills and technical expertise.
Your profile and qualifications:
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ years of responsibility in any of the following functions: finance, accounting or audit, demonstrating the ability to execute complex analysis, prepare comprehensive, clear, concise and action-oriented reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (strongly preferred) or Finance, demonstrating a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial analysis principles (IFRS knowledge a significant plus).
- Solid overall understanding of financial business functions, including planning, budgeting, cost management.
- Working knowledge of ERP/Financial Systems & Applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills required.
- Access or other multi-dimensional analysis experience (able to build a relational database and queries) strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics or SAP (preferred).
- Experience with reporting tools such as Hyperion, Cognos, Tableau, Business Warehouse a plus.
- Strong data analysis experience, demonstrating the ability to understand business needs, obtain & validate data, interpret results, root cause anomalies and generate results.
- Solid time/project management skills and demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Finance or accounting professional certification or progress towards certification, such as a CPA is a plus
- Travel Required: <10%