Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
SummaryPosted: Jan 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. We develop effortless and safe Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods and MagSafe! New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. Are you in for the challenges? We are looking for a Hardware Engineer that can help close the gap between design and manufacturing by working closely with the various factory teams to lead the integration of the inductive technology into products. This is done in partnership with multiple discipline teams including, but not limited to factory, architecture, FW, system EE, silicon, noise and vibration, safety, thermal, reliability, operations, regulatory teams and more. Location: Due to the factory locations around China there is flexibility for this role to be based in either Shenzhen or Shanghai, with the necessary travel required to support builds happening in various locations and factories.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Solid fundamentals in both analog and digital design and comfortable with tackling new challenges with critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in Power & Magnetics preferred. Any background in Wireless Power would be advantageous.
- Familiar with various communication protocols (USB, SPMI, SPI, I2C and UART) and low power embedded systems,
- Experience working with multi-functional FW partners. Direct coding experience in languages such as Python, Matlab and C would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging, and functional verification.
- Experience with high volume product design and manufacturing as well as statistical production tolerance analysis. Good understanding of Gauge R&R methodology would be a plus.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and appetite for innovation, rigour & healthy paranoia
- Strong communication (written & verbal) in both English and Mandarin.
- Teammate with the ability to work independently and drive things with minimal direction
- Frequent travel within China will be required, depending on project requirements and build schedules.
Key responsibilities for this role include providing critical on-site support for factory builds during early prototype and engineering build phases of various Apple programs leading up to Mass Production. This requires you to be able to dig deep into any problems that may arise during a factory build and think critically to help resolve them in a fast paced, data driven environment. You will be expected to meet a high standard for analysis and manufacturing discipline, and work with multi-functional teams all around the world to enable us to pass all specifications and requirements necessary to ship a product. - System bring-up, characterisation, testing and validation - System-level problem solving - failure analysis, root cause & corrective action proposal - Debug test sequences on automated test equipment - Design of Experiments (DOE) creation, execution and data analysis - Write technical documentation (Eg. requirements, specifications and test plans) - Review and analyse build data to help inform critical program decisions. Provide detailed build report summaries and present findings with clear summaries and takeaways. - Frequent business travel required, up to or exceeding 50%. (Primarily within China. To a lesser extent New Zealand and USA)
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus related industry experience.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements