In this role, you have the opportunity toAct as Senior SW engineer has a more intimate knowledge of our product MR SW and is therefore capable of developing more complex and/or larger SW parts. Develop complete MR SW building blocks as part of our product development
You are responsible for
- Develop and extend complete building blocks.This is the main responsibility: adding new functionality or improving existing functionality in our SW archive. The difference between a SW engineer and an Senior SW engineer is in the size and complexity of the SW that they develop.
- Signal and resolve problems in code and documentation.Within MR software development everybody is responsible to improve the quality of the product SW. PRs are the standard way to handle track problems that are found. It also helps the SW engineer to improve his/her knowledge about good (and bad) SW practices.
- Review code and documentation.By reviewing code and documentation we improve quality in an early as possible stage and thus minimize on PRs / CRs afterwards. An extra benefit is that the SW engineers share and disseminate knowledge with others (SW developers and engineers).
- Execute verification tests.Before releasing a product, we test it extensively. SW engineers are expected to test their own SW as part of the development activity, but also SW developed by others during the development, integration and verification phases.
- Plan and track own activities accurately and efficiently.Before starting an activity, the SW engineer should plan it. The plan is the commitment between the SW engineer and the project. During the activity the SW engineer should check the progress against the plan, report deviations and act on them.
- Support and coach several other colleagues in technical matters.With his/her technical experience and knowledge, the Senior SW engineer should help his/her less experienced colleagues.
- Contribute to process improvement activities.As our process heavily impacts the quality and effectiveness of the SW we develop, we want to improve it continuously. Senior SW engineers are expected to trigger and participate in these improvements. Contributing to coding standards is an example.
You are a part ofA progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the Sr Manager, MR VS System Software, MR R&D Software Engineering .
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer science/Engineering
- Experience with developing SW for industrial applications with more than 8 years.
- Experience with state-of-practice in design methods, tools and programming.
- Optional, Basic knowledge of MR domain.
- Knowledge of relevant design and coding standards, especially for the C++ language.
- Able to handle multiple parallel tasks.
- Is able to coach people on technical matters
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills while communicating in both English and Chinese
In return, we offer youA path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this product development role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions. Suzhou