About the University
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers four Bachelor and 15 Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
MissionAt LUCET, the Research and Development Specialist in Educational Sciences will contribute to various educational research and transfer projects in general, and the Bridge-Builder, researchers gateway into the Luxembourg education system, PITT, the Luxembourg Programme for Innovative Teaching and Training, and the National Education Report (Bildungsbericht), in specific. Moreover, s/he will contribute to the coordination of the Master in Secondary Education (MSE) programme, and organize as well as support MSE internships.
The Research and Development Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Bridge-Builder, PITT, Bildungsbericht, and MSE teams, respectively. S/he actvively supports, and competently contributes to the running and development of the projects and study programme in question. The following general research and development tasks are included in the Research and Development Specialist position:
- Support the setup, daily operation and maintenance of the Bridge-Builder
- Contribute to the further development of the Bridger-Builder (e.g., online platform, research repository, expansion into non-formal education)
- Coordinate and administrate both incoming and outgoing Bridge-Builder research and expertise requests
- Support the setup, daily operation and maintenance of PITT
- Support the coordination of the National Education Report
- Support the coordination of the MSE
- Organize and support MSE school internships
- Prepare and support MSE internship evaluation processes (e.g., surveys, portfolios, internship reports and manuals).
- Communicate with educational researchers, educational practitioners, and educational stakeholders in the context of the Bridge-Builder, PITT, the National Education Report, and the MSE
- Contribute to, and support (ongoing and future) educational research projects within LUCET
- Contribute to scientific articles and scientific presentations, as well as LUCET’s public outreach efforts
- Perform any other tasks within the framework of the position
- Master’s degree in educational or social sciences
- Knowledge about education systems and educational research
- Knowledge about the Luxembourg school system is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A very good command of German, French and English (written and verbal)
- Verbal skills in Luxembourgish are a plus
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
What we can offer
- A friendly international interdisciplinary team
- Opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge
- Modern, newly equipped labs
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Research and development specialist
- Job Reference: UOL03909
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of diplomas
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …