Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Job Title: Systems Applications Manager
Business unit: Automotive Electrification & Infotainment (AEI)
Location: Limerick, Ireland
The Automotive Connectivity and Sensing group in Analog Devices is looking for an experienced System Applications Manager to lead a strong team working on audio and video products. This position requires the individual to lead a team and work closely with the product development, marketing and the field teams to enable the adoption of ADI technologies at Automotive OEM’s.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the system applications team providing technical guidance and mentorship.
- Thorough planning to execute the product development activities.
- Understand system level needs for the targeted market/application space and work with stakeholders for the new product definition and execution.
- Active engagement with FAEs/Sales/T1s/OEMs to address technical challenges in software/hardware in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong technical background to conceive of and propose multiple solutions, analyze tradeoffs, and understand needs vs. wants to influence customer designs.
- Responsible for development of hardware, software, technical articles for the targeted application space/business opportunity.
- Development of demo platforms for trade shows, trainings to customers and ADI sales/support team.
- Active involvement in various site level and companywide initiatives both on the technical and team building activities.
- Goal planning, budget planning, periodic reviews and participation in the annual focal programs for the team.
- Active involvement in the industry forums.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years’ experience in semiconductor industry preferably in automotive systems domain.
- Hands-on experiences in development and debugging of applications, working closely with OEM/T1s/3rd parties.
- Strong knowledge in analog and digital circuitry and familiarity of industry standard protocols like Ethernet, CAN, USB or other high-speed networks
- Exposure to EMI/EMC, and Simulation tools, pre/post silicon validation is an added advantage.
- Be highly motivated, innovative and have an outgoing, positive attitude.
- Strong leadership attributes with team focus, collaboration, planning and optimization of resources and skills.
- Mentor/coach team members to expand skill sets with tactical and strategical approach to address the need of the hour.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task projects/customer activities and set priorities to self/team.
- Crisp and clear communication – presentation to management, engineering teams and customers.
- Willingness to travel domestic or international (10% – 15%)
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time