This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Platform Reliability ManagementWe provide our merchants a single platform, capable of meeting the rapidly evolving needs of today's fast-growing global businesses. To meet merchants’ high expectations on platform availability and reliability, Adyen has adopted and embedded principles from the Site Reliability Engineering discipline, offering an environment whereby intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness are key drivers for success.
Our Point-of-Sale solution is a uniquely challenging system that combines a distributed set of systems (payment terminals) with a central platform component for payment processing and configuration.
As a POS Platform Reliability Manager you will combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. You will focus on releasing and optimizing critical internal, and external systems, as well as on reducing work through automation.
What you’ll do
- You will work on automating operations, including firmware changes and releases by leveraging our robot testing and release frameworks;
- You will help designing, analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting a large-scale fleet of terminals distributed across the globe;
- You will make sure that we set the right expectations towards our customers regarding firmware releases and updates;
- You can combine information from operations, development, robots, customers, data to make informed decisions regarding platform and firmware releases and updates.
- You are responsible for making the final decisions on getting our releases and updates out of the door.
Who you are
- Experience: You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Technology: You have a solid understanding of distributed systems such as Payment Terminal Fleets;
- Skills: Able to identify and drive improvements to make the system more fault-tolerant and better scalable, and work cross-functionally to implement those improvements;
- Knowledge: You can practice sustainable incident response handling, and blameless postmortems, and have the ability and desire to debug, and optimize firmware releases, and automate routine tasks;
- Mentality: You are a team-player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions, take ownership, and handle pressure;
- Language: You are able to communicate well in English.