US - Houston, TX
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Materials Planner is a critical role whose contribution is also integral to all successful customer project support and who serves as the primary face to the customer representing Supply Chain.
The Materials Planner is required to ensure the maintenance of optimum inventory levels, avoid critical material shortages, and keep material costs down. Perform all duties to ensure the Materials Requirements Plans are completed to ensure the timely availability of materials to support the product Supply Plan. Will also be responsible to liaise with all key functions to ensure timely updates to material plans considering changes to plans or material availability issues.
- Perform all routine tasks to convert planned orders into material plans including the creation and management of material planned requirements
- Liaison with Supply Planner and Schedulers to ensure all material plans are up to date and responsive to changes in material requirements
- Creation and maintenance of detailed material planning parameters in Planning systems
- Liaison with procurement to agree conversion of the material requirements plan into Purchase Orders
- Liase with key stakeholders (Supply Planner, Scheduler and PM) to develop safety stock and inventory plans to meet production plans
- Expediting material availability through liaison with procurement and teams involved with inbound material processing
- Track, report and facilitate on-time material availability including testing and release for production
- Creation and management of material related KPIs and measures to ensure accurate understanding of material availability
- Execution of key material availability, mobilization or write actions to support optimal management of inventory while reducing scrap/waste
- Ensure on-time shipment of product to the customers.
- Ensures campaign readiness through the management of a material commodity that does not entail release testing
- Represents supply chain at internal project meetings and ensures that all raw materials campaign activities in advance of, during and upon completion of all production runs are properly managed.
- Identifies, develops, and ensures successful implementation of major raw materials breakthrough projects which increase efficiency in pursuit of campaign readiness and continued operational support.
- Ensures master data is accurate and maintained within ERP system, works with QA on vendor qualification
- Strong background in material planning for GMP manufacturing
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/ strategy recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilise Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.