About the SnT
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
The SVV research group is headed by Prof. Lionel Briand. The team focuses on the development and design of reliable, safe, and secure software systems, carrying out both upstream activities such as requirements quality assurance and architecture analysis, as well as downstream verification & validation activities, primarily software testing and analysis. For further information, you may refer to
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Position Description:This is a fully funded position for 3 years (extendable to an additional 4th year). The candidate will develop techniques and tools for the verification and validation of cyber-physical systems in DevOps environments.
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Carry out research in the predefined areas
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- Present results in well-known international conferences and workshops
Qualification: The candidate should possess (or be about to obtain) a Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Informatics, or Software Engineering.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the following topics:
- Software Testing
- Run-time Verification
- Program Analysis
- Automated Verification and Validation
- Software Security
The candidate must possess strong programming skills.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
Here’s what awaits you at SnT
- A stimulating learning environment. Here post-docs and professors outnumber PhD students. That translates into access and close collaborations with some of the brightest ICT researchers, giving you solid guidance
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Multiple funding sources for your ideas. The University supports researchers to acquire funding from national, European and private sources
- Competitive salary package. The University offers a 12 month-salary package, over six weeks of paid time off, health insurance and subsidised living and eating
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
But wait, there’s more!
Students can take advantage of several opportunities for growth and career development, from free language classes to career resources and extracurricular activities.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month - extendable up to 48 months if required
- Number of positions: 2
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Internal Title: Doctoral Researcher
- Employee and student status
- Job Reference: UOL03978
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Full CV, including:
- For each degree received or currently enrolled in, provide the degree, institution name, institution city and country, and date (or expected date) of graduation. Include the title and short summary of your final (Bachelor / Master) Thesis if you did one.
- List of publications (if any)
- Name, affiliation and contact details of at least two referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Cover letter with motivations and topics of particular interest to the candidate (approx. 1 page)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
For further information, please contact us at or