Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $2,130.00 / biweekly
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
- Perform administration and application processing requirements and solve issues related to a variety of large and complex demand-side management programs, including reviewing/approving applications, ensuring attention to detail, and timeliness working within demand-side management program delivery tracking systems.
- Respond to customer and contractor inquiries relating to rebate application. Address complaints and issues in context of program terms and conditions or escalate if required.
- Liaise with internal departments in regards to purchase orders and vendor information. Review, validate and code program invoices, and process invoice payments for internal and external parties.
- Identify issues and opportunities with program operational requirements including process and data management issues and solve where appropriate or escalate for further consideration.
- Data entry into departmental tracking. Assist in program tracking and reporting including monthly, annual or ad hoc reports, and in the development of responses to information requests from internal and external parties.
- Maintain effective working relationships with team members and cross-functional departments, and input on operational processes and technical support on database issues and reports.
- Promote a positive customer relationship by monitoring the customer’s experience through conversations with customers, and other stakeholders as required, and providing input on concerns or ways to improve service.
- Support departmental/program promotional activities.
- Conduct work in a manner that prevents injuries and incidents, and contributes to FortisBC’s safety goals. Maintain knowledge and understanding of safety policies, practices and procedures. Lead by example by putting safety first at all times.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Completion of a certificate in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field from a recognized accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent and directly related work experience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good judgment and reasoning skills.
- Sound analytical and decision making skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail, while maintaining an overall understanding of program administration.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite of applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerPoint).
- Subject to operational requirements, this position will support the Conservation & Energy Management team.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees may work remotely or continue to report to the office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.