DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at .
The ChallengeThe Quality Control Technician I will operate within DSM Dyneema LLC to provide quality testing expertise for raw and finished product materials. The person in this role will interact with all local staff. They will be knowledgeable of the Quality requirements for DSM Dyneema LLC. They will ensure that laboratory procedures and equipment are kept in superior working order. Handling and disposing of Hazard waste and chemicals are part of normal activities.
- Show behavior in line with the SHE and Security risks and agreed controls,
- including being compliant to DSM and DSM Dyneema requirements, rules and
- Address any person behaving in a SHE and Security irresponsible way
- Report any SHE and Security incidents (including observed risks) to
- Dyneema Values - Must strive to behave in line with DSM Dyneema Values, supporting and encouraging colleagues in their alignment with our Values.
- Aspires to demonstrate exemplary behavior with respect to the DSM Dyneema values inside and outside DSM Dyneema.
- Manufacturing Excellence – DSM wants to be 'best in class' in every respect, including manufacturing. To excel in manufacturing, we need to optimize how we do things. Everyone within the organization has at least one role within Manufacturing Excellence. Roles and responsibilities are defined and assigned to those involved in the different Manufacturing Excellence Work Processes.
- Ensures all work is conducted in a safe and effective manner and all applicable procedures and policies are followed. Takes action to correct unsafe acts, systems and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Abides by DSM Dyneema LLC and DSM procedures/policies regarding security, inclusive of: employee security agreements; use of non-disclosure agreements with outside parties; control of DSM Dyneema LLC intellectual property limited to a “need to know” only basis; no unauthorized use of cell phones, cameras, computers or DSM property; reporting security threats and incidents; proper control of DSM property and keys.
- Suggests facilities, procedural and process improvements to maintain and improve production quality, safety, cost and efficiency. Contribute to the effort during implementation of selected improvements.
- Monitors and analyzes daily production. Analyzes data generated by the ballistics and fiber laboratories and identify trends. Recognizes potential production problems, investigate and recommend solutions to correct them. Reports variances as required.
- Participates in quality investigations as needed. Works with a team, ensures all appropriate actions assigned are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves production records including operating procedures, and JSA’s as required.
- Interacts with production technicians on a regular basis to ensure effective communication of production and compliance related changes in procedures.
- Follows current waste disposal procedures and prevention procedures. Ensures proper storage and disposal of liquid and solid hazardous wastes.
- Follows current SOP’s for testing routine and non-routine samples of raw material, intermediate, and finished products for the DSM Dyneema LLC. Organization.
- Perform final packaging of finished product when required.
- Follow established policies regarding sample and documentation retention.
- Maintain annual training requirements on hazardous waste by reviewing
DYNPRO SHE DYN 653 and general awareness presentation. Specific job
holders will complete more detailed training as well.
What we look for in you
- BS/BA in related technical field with 1 year quality and/or production experience; OR AA/AS degree in related technical field with 2 years quality and/or production experience; OR 3 years of relevant quality and/or production experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to deliver training.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations related to fiber and UD production activities.
- Advanced problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to drive improvements in production lead times and to minimize rejected material.
Get the reward to match your passionWorking for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improving people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities, and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
At DSM, we Do Something Meaningful.
Procedure & ContactInterested in this position? Please apply online via the career portal (https://jobs.dsm.com/)
Pre-employment screening procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information is required.
DSM NA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. DSM is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.