This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We create our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Corporate Risk OfficerWe are looking for a Corporate Risk Officer based in the U.S., working from our San Francisco or New York office (your choice). Our footprint in North America is rapidly expanding and we are also in the application process for an US federal branch license. This license will allow us to continue to expand our product offering and how we serve our merchants. You can be a part of this and join us during this exciting phase of growth.
We don’t hide behind email, instead we pick up the phone.This is one of the values in our Adyen Formula, which is the foundation of our strong culture and an essential guiding principle for the way we work. We alwaysask whyand arecritical. Our work impacts others and we involve them. Risk management the way we see it, is personal and it combines clarity on boundaries with pragmatism on opportunities.
You will be part of the global Corporate Risk & Internal Control team and report to the Director Corporate Risk. As the first Corporate Risk Officer based in the U.S., you are a self-starter that enjoys the freedom to build and are looking for an opportunity to make an impact. We work as a team across cultures and time zones and you’ll be the linking pin for the global team and local management. You will help the company in building a great business, preserving the company culture and achieving its long-term goals by taking our risk management to a whole new level.
What you’ll do:
- Build up our global risk management and control framework for our offices in North America
- Contribute to our positive working relationship with U.S. regulators and act on their supervisory risk management requests
- Serve as the first point of contact on the regulatory prudential risk management requirements that come with being a foreign bank branch (liquidity, capital)
- Work with management and business teams in the U.S. to rollout and coordinate the internal control framework for Adyen U.S.
- Evaluate processes and controls to identify opportunities for value creation
- Create a network and be an advisor for the business (including management) and monitor the risk environment
- Be an integral part of the global team and as such contribute to Adyen global risk management activities. Think of conducting risk assessments, facilitate risk appetite setting, design resilience plans and launch business continuity exercises.
Who you are:
- Proactive, energetic, lifelong learner that has a hands-on mentality
- Affinity to work in an innovative technology company within the financial sector
- Relevant working experience as a risk management advisor or practitioner within the North-American financial industry (experience within the payments industry is not required)
- An understanding of working with U.S. financial industry regulators
- Working knowledge of risk management and internal control frameworks
- Great communication and influencing skills; excellent English