It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
What do the team do?The Online content and merchandising team are responsible for creating, implementing and optimising impactful merchandising and compelling content across the o2.co.uk B2B and B2C websites and search engines (internal and external) making sure the site is accurate, up to date and compliant. This includes proactive merchandising of propositions, offers, products and tariffs, accessories and hardware products. We ensure content is continuous and intuitive from offsite to onsite, whilst ensuring we are effective and relevant in upselling our full range of products and services. We also help and guide customers to research, buy and help themselves with a range of common queries both pre and post a purchase decision.
How will you fit into this?This role reports to the Online merchandising team lead and is responsible for working with stakeholders around the business to deliver best in class campaigns and content to new and existing customers on O2’s digital estate, thus enabling the wider online team and business to meet its goals.
A Merchandising Manager ensures that the o2.co.uk shop and related pages are always up-to-date, accurate, relevant, engaging, performing and customer focused.
Merchandising Managers build, edit and drive quality of execution through changes to the content found on our digital estate, supporting the delivery of online KPIs by creating measurable improvements in traffic, engagement and conversion, primarily through our online shop.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
- Deliver and optimise the on-site content of O2’s expanding range web pages and services through our content management system (CMS), ensuring that it’s always up-to-date, accurate, relevant, engaging, performing well, and customer-focused
- Working with copywriters, UX and designers to influence look & feel for the online environment, optimise messaging and target our growing portfolio of products and messages to the right people at the right time
- Representing the merchandising team in project meetings, providing an understanding of how O2’s customers engage with digital content, what works, what doesn’t and sharing online best practise. Take the lead in smaller projects, categories or campaigns or supporting the wider team in the execution of larger ones
- Executing updates to website content and managing the daily content production process, working with internal and external stakeholders to shape the execution plan and ensure their content is published to agreed timescales, meeting desired performance criteria for o2.co.uk
- To help set O2 apart from the competition by the way in which we merchandise and market our products, propositions and services, delivering compelling and timely merchandising execution on time, all the time.
- Experience managing content or digital production through a CMS and a familiarity with web analytics/reporting tools
- Extraordinary attention to detail and highly organised, with excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, deliver work to the highest standards and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Resilience to work collaboratively in an operational environment with changing objectives & priorities
- Experience in shaping and working from daily, weekly and monthly plans and to challenging timescales and deadlines
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills and able to alter their style to reflect their audience, product and/or service
Additional Information:Location: Slough (flexibility to work from home)
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th September
As we enter a busy trading period whilst still navigating the impact of COVID related absences, we’ve had to make a difficult decision to pause on accepting store applications for secondment opportunities. We remain committed to your career development and you may continue to apply for permanent roles as normal. If you’d like to discuss this further, we’d encourage you to contact your Regional Leader.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform - O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.