Given the extremely negative impact of corruption, it is not surprising that there is an extensive literature devoted to understanding and reducing corruption. However, the existing academic work largely focuses on corruption in government. However, businesses in general and sales organizations in particular play a key role in much of the corruption in society and are themselves an important environment for corruption.
The goal of this project, therefore, is to understand:
- Antecedents and consequences of corporate corruption (through bibliometric or meta-analysis)
- Antecedents that lead to bribery behavior (based on textual analysis of the dataset provided)
- Intraorganizational dynamics leading to corruption in sales organizations
- The role of managers in susceptibility to corruption
- Other phenomena surrounding corruption in sales organizations