Job Type:Software Development
Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Product & Technology, China team is looking for strong technologists to join the team in Shanghai.
- Working within a team of 2-6 software engineers to develop/maintain software.
- Working through the analysis, design, implementation, integration, testing and deployment phases of project delivery.
- Understanding technical design and associated design documentation and participate in design reviews.
- Execute and report the assigned project tasks over its development cycle.
- Collaborate with team members in team activities with lateral teams across disciplines and vertical groups, and upwards with project management elements.
- As part of the delivery team, working with software from cross-domain teams to produce final software build.
- Ensure the quality of deliveries and ensure conformance to processes and practices.
- Perform day-to-day activities under the supervision of the team leadership and collaborate with team members in technical and domain areas.
- Write tests for the existing and newly created code to maintain compatibility
- Maintain and enhance the existing architectural documentations and create the new one as needed.
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvements as necessary.
- 0-2+ years of experience in software product development.
- Familiarity with languages and technologies needed for web services development, such as Java, C++, REST, Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL Databases.
- Design and coding exposure in building large scale internet applications.
- Exposure to open source technologies.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment.
- Advanced technical skills including web application development, SQL expertise, designing and developing web services, database and application performance optimizations
- Excellent command of software development life cycle activities including analysis, design, development, unit and system testing, production deployment and post-production support
- Strong time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.