Date Posted: 2019-06-18-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is looking for a Human Resources co-op to join the HR team and support our Hourly population. This is an excellent opportunity to get valuable work experience supporting HR initiatives such as engagement, recruiting, staffing, and data analysis.
The Human Resources co-op will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Works with Talent center and Management to ensure a positive experience for new hires.
- Oversee the hourly hiring process which includes interviewing, new hire onboarding/orientation, and new hire paperwork/I-9.
- Partners with management to administer compensation changes, promotions, file for FMLA, Short term/long term leave of absence, temporary duty assignments and administrative changes.
- Processes daily transactions in our Human Resources Information Systems. (Work Day)
- Post open hourly positions in Work Day as the business needs change.
- Responds to employee questions regarding HR policies and systems. Directs employees to specialists and the HR resource center as necessary.
- Data analysis and presentation development.
- Works alongside HR team members to successfully complete company-wide initiatives, and training.
- Develops standard work for key HR processes for managers and employees develop PowerPoint presentations, charts, reports and other communications as needed.
- Supports employee engagement group activities and efforts.
- Other administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- Strong organizational, analytical, project management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and ability to collaborate with others • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be currently enrolled in a Master's degree program, majoring in HR, Business (with a concentration in HR), or Industrial Relations
- GPA must be greater than 3.0
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.