Date Posted: 2019-04-25-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HFL39: US182-Miramar, FL 3110 Commerce Pkwy , Miramar, FL, 33025-3943 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering the Avionics Project Engineer will be responsible for the integration and engineering of various avionics/electrical systems on commercial and military aircraft.
- Develop and design an entire STC (Supplement Type Certificate) design data package with assistance from senior level engineers, managers, or company DERs.
- Create STC substantiation and compliance data with assistance from senior level engineers, managers, or company DERs.
- Identify electrical and mechanical aspects of an STC project and manage to meet schedule with minimal assistance.
- Coordinate directly with Program Managers to ensure project is completed as defined and on schedule.
- Generate engineering data with respect to accuracy and detail that is commensurate with experience level.
- Perform on-site surveys as required.
- Provide technical support for projects during kitting and aircraft installation.
- Support technical meetings (ITCM, PDR, CDR, etc.) as required.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or three years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of Electrical systems.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in 2D computer generated drawings and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment which emphasizes handling multiple priorities.
- Proven teamwork, organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Electrical systems Avionics Systems and application of aircraft technical data.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.