Date Posted: 2019-06-17-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Role OverviewThe Collins Aerospace SATCOM team seeks an entry-level Software Engineer to support the Communications, Navigation, and Surveillance department’s SATCOM software group. The group supports, integrates and develops multiple commercial avionics Iridium and SATCOM products for the Air Transport and Business and Regional aircraft markets. In this position you will help develop embedded software and applications for the growing field of aircraft satellite communication solutions.
Candidates should have good practical experience in software development, understand technical problem solving and troubleshooting, have a background in computer science, software development/engineering, or computer engineering. You job responsibilities may include:
- Design, code, test, integrate and document software within a Linux software system.
- Prepare software builds for execution in a simulation environment, reference platforms and on target hardware.
- Understand and utilize the appropriate processes and tools during product development
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Build, test and deliver real-time software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments
- Individual tasks may vary depending on assignment
- Development experience in Python (or scripting) or Robot automated test framework
- Understand networking / network security
- Candidates for this role should possess a Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree.
- Requires a STEM Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency with either C, C++ or Java and Object Oriented Programming
- Understand how a Linux OS works
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.