About Jane Street
Jane Street is a quantitative trading firm with a unique focus on technology, a scientific approach, and a deep understanding of markets to guide our business. We are a global liquidity provider and market maker, operating around the clock and around the globe, employing people in our offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
We're looking for people who want to be in a challenging, constantly changing environment full of smart and intellectually curious people. We have a flat organizational structure with few titles. The environment at Jane Street is open, informal, intellectual and fun. You can wear a t-shirt and jeans to the office every day, the kitchen is stocked, and discussions are always lively.
Teaching and learning are central activities through classes, mentoring and discussion.
About the role
This role involves working with various groups in the firm on regulatory and strategic issues that impact the global business. It involves project management, data analysis, contributions to policies and procedures, developing improvements to the efficiency of the group's organization and working processes. With experience, the role will include training and advising the business on regulatory matters.
- Data & Document Analysis
- Examining complex data sets and written documents, extrapolating relevant information, and communicating relevant information effectively to members of other teams.
- Process Management/Improvement
- Simplifying existing processes, looking for issues or bottlenecks in current procedures and implementing solutions
- Time Management
- Keeping up with projects that have lots of moving pieces, prioritising, making sure information is reported accurately and efficiently.
- Doing all of these things in conjunction with members of your own group as well as members of other groups at Jane Street, having frequent discussions to share and brainstorm new ideas and learning from those around you.
- Bachelor's and Master's degree undergraduates
- Careful, thoughtful, organised, and detail-oriented
- Good judgment and analytical thinking
- Good communication and project-management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills