Port Washington, NY, US, 11050
Requisition ID: 125557
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
GENERAL FUNCTIONThe Demand Planning Manager is responsible for managing all activities associated with forecasting and providing best level of service to all customers. The manager will play a key role in driving brand review process by partnering with other supply chain functions, sales, marketing, product, finance, and business intelligence teams. The manager will lead a team of Demand Planners in the creation and management of SKU level forecast to help drive the growth of North America Wholesale division.
This role will also be responsible for overseeing brand review, forecast review, service review, and supervises other demand planners. The role will evaluate current performance and recommend best process.
The Demand Planning Manager will review forecasts performance by Brand/SKU for channels of trade and partners with Inventory Planning Manager to optimize inventory levels to help achieve financial objectives (maximizing sales potential, minimizing loss from phase-outs and stock-outs
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team of Planners to create and maintain sku level demand plans to be used in procuring the needed inventory flow from manufacturing, measure performance of forecast accuracy, and monitor service level to customers.
- Manage weekly brand reviews with other supply chain functions and other business groups within Luxottica with relevant business insights to help align on brand strategic direction and financial objectives.
- Managing and executing statistical forecasting for brands/sku’s and providing continuous feedback to staff and corporate teams to improve forecast accuracy, bias, inventory optimization, back order, and fill rates
- Provide Director, Inventory Planning & Forecasting with key analysis and direction of forecasts to maximize decision making ability
- Conducts and provides analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) among product lines, accounts, and COT’s
- Ensure effective new product introduction through solid statistical models and coordination of GTM activities with brand and GTM teams.
- Develop teams through coaching and providing feedback in timely manner.
- Foster consensus and collaboration in the planning process through working with the Sales, Product, Marketing and Corporate Planning teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Planning role (ideally Demand Planning)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to forecast, analyze and prepare statistical data and metrics
- Ability to manage/mine data from multiple sources to create necessary reports and databases
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills. Ability to extract conclusions from available data and “tell a story”
- Prior experience with planning software (such as SAP, DPM, APO or Manugistics) is preferred
- Must demonstrate expert PC skills, especially MS Excel and Access is a must
- Experience in training and developing a team
- Demonstrated record of prioritizing, influencing, and decision making at multiple level in an organization
- Demonstrated experience in creative problem solving
- Professional certification (APICS or IBF) a plus
- Experience and understanding of fashion industry a plus
- Prior experience with SAP is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Demand Planner, Supply Chain, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations, Management, Marketing