Seattle, Washington Req #: 1902235
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Research and Early Development
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Organization: Translational Medicine
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Celgene is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual to join the Immuno-Oncology & Cellular Therapy Gene Editing team in Seattle. Reporting to a Sr. Scientist, the primary focus of the Associate Scientist role will be to develop and expand our internal gene editing capabilities directed at the design of allogeneic cellular therapeutics (CAR T and eTCR-based) as well as to develop and validate downstream in vitro functional assays for edited allogeneic cells.
The key deliverables for this role are: 1) design, implement and optimize multiplexed gene editing experiments 2) show competency in editing primary T cells; 3) help develop novel tools/assays for allogeneic T cells functional testing.
- Work to develop and improve gene editing protocols and reagents (including repair template design for homology directed repair) for single and multiplexed gene editing applications.
- Work with other team members to develop and evaluate technical feasibility of novel gene editing delivery methods.
- Set up and run assays to evaluate levels of gene editing in primary allogeneic T cell products.
- Culture gene-edited primary human T cells and test their functionality and specificity thru a variety of immunological assays.
- Spend most of the time in the lab, keep very detailed notes on experiments and update the group on lab progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 6 years work experience or Master’s degree with at least 4 years relevant work experience in relevant field of research (molecular and cellular biology, immunology, genome engineering or a related discipline).
- Hands-on experience with gene editing technologies (CRISPR/Cas9 preferred), for both knock-out (gRNA design, RNP formulation, Indel measurement, etc…) and knock-in (expertise in repair template design) applications using viral and non-viral delivery mechanisms in human cell lines and primary cells.
- Relevant skills include experience in immunological techniques (flow cytometry, intracellular staining, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, etc.) and molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, mRNA and DNA prep).
- Experience with assay development, qualification, and validation.
- Ability to multitask, independently organize time, and plan specifics of work.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills demonstrated in a team environment.
- Willingness to think outside the box, be creative and ability to work in a very fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Primary T cell functional testing (cytotoxic, proliferation or phenotyping assays) experience.
- Prior experience with panel design for multi-color flow cytometry and downstream data processing/analysis, a plus.
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.