Summit, New Jersey Req #: 1903629
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Finance
Work Location: 86 Morris Avenue 07901
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
The Data Scientist in Advanced Analytics is to apply the latest advanced, predictive, prescriptive analytics capabilities to real world data and generate actionable insights that will identify new business growth drivers. The role will collaborate across USLT, Marketing and Sales, Patient Service, Market Access, Market Research, and Finance to provide key insights, strategic recommendations and drive positive results. The role will have responsibility across a broad variety of analytics initiatives and leading cross functional efforts as assigned.
The individual in this role must have strong leadership qualities and continuous innovation mindset, and the ability to shift context across the breadth of analytics efforts from market research, secondary analytics, sales force launch and forecasting perspectives. The role must be able to effectively conduct and coordinate large scale projects both ensuring quality and meeting critical timelines. The ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and manage a variety of internal and external initiatives are important success factors. They must be adept at communicating complex information from an analytics, strategy and requirements perspective.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proactively seek and frame opportunities and identify business risks for the US I&I Franchise
- Develop marketing mix model, including promotion response model and ROI analysis
- Thoroughly understand internal customers’ business needs and translate them into analytical framework and algorithms
- Digest and synthesize data assets from across the organization, including the end to end understanding of the data assets and their applications
- Act as the center of excellence in advanced analytics, including latest tools and approaches, to help build a competitive edge in analytics in the pharma industry
- Integrate insights across the analytics functions to develop a multidimensional perspective
- Coordinate and drive cross functional efforts with a focus on launch brands
- Ensure that all analytics launch efforts are on track and signal risks to leadership as they emerge
- Participate in, and lead cross-functional teams whose members include US Marketing, Sales, Market Research, Market Access, Sales Operations, Business Development, Manufacturing, and Finance
- Manage data and analytics vendors as required
- MS or Ph.D. in quantitative fields (mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, business)
- 7-10 years of hands-on modeling and analytical experience, in pharmaceutical, consumer, or technology industry
- Experience in consulting and market research preferred
- Expert in programming language, such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, or Scala
- Excel, Tableau, Alteryx and good knowledge PowerPoint preferred
- Advanced skills in big data analytics, using machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Demonstrated analytical ability, with attention to detail, and systems aptitude
- Ability to organize/analyze multiple data sources and events into a cohesive result through the utilization of various analytical tools and technologies
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
- Strong sense of teamwork, proactive work attitude
- Demonstrate integrity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic
- Travel as required
About UsCOMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.